Avocados are basically the most popular fruit on instagram, every blogger has at one point or another posted a pic of their avocado toast and declared their love for the fruit (fun fact: avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable). And while they photograph well for insta, they also have amazing health and beauty benefits too!
Here are some benefits of avocados for your skin:
- They’re great for facials, because they’re natural moisturizers–it’s especially great for dry skin.
- Avocado’s help with heeling your skin, scars and discoloration.
- Helps hydrate your skin.
- Helps with eczema and psoriasis
- You can rub it on your skin for great complexion.
- Smashed avocados are great as a scalp treatment.
- It can protect against UVB and UVA rays and also helps with sunburns.
Here are 5 different masks you can make for your skin type:
Dry Skin: Avocados & milk, or oatmeal
Acne Prone Skin: Avocado & honey
Anti-Aging Mask: Avocado & egg whites
Oily Skin: Avocado & Lemon
Shiny Hair: Avocado & Mayo